There are a few key food competitions in the London calendar that we always pay attention to - namely the Scotch Egg Challenge, the Croqueta Challenge and the Great Sausage Roll Off.
It's the last of those that we turn our attention to today. This competitive sausage roll competition, held at The Red Lion pub in Barnes, has been going since 2013. Described (by themselves) as "a bit like the X-Factor meets Masterchef," they pitch it as "an evening of crazy culinary pleasure, taken in the most seriously light-hearted way."
The live cooking event has now announced the competitors for the 2020 Challenge. The whole thing takes around four hours to complete and everyone's welcome at the non-ticketed event.
Here's who's taking part:
- Adrian Oliver-Cornish Field Kitchen
- Adam Lestrelle - Roehampton Club
- Iain Devine - Drunken Butcher, Manchester
- Dav Browning - Theatre Royal Plymouth
- Young's Pubs
- James Taylor - The Bulls Head, Heyside
- The Compasses Inn- Canterbury
- Phil Harrison - Bears Icecream, Hammersmith
- Danny Kingston - aka Food Urchin on Twitter
- Jason Thomas Ring - Vacherin
- The Gun - Docklands
- Charlie Hodson - Charlie's Food Heroes, The Crown At Northwold, Norfolk
- Majella O'Connell (food photographer - Pavlova and Cream) - who's being advised by Daniel Clifford - Midsummer House
- Alec Tomasso - The Weeping Chef
- Ben Handley - The Duck Inn at Stanhoe, Norfolk
- David Steel - Bartlett Mitchell Catering
- Butcombe Brewery
- Anton Manganaro - BAFTA
So if you fancy feasting on sausage rolls all night long - mark the date in the calendar.
More about The Great Sausage Roll Off
Where is it? The Red Lion, 2 Castelnau, London SW13 9RU
When? 5 February 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners