What: Wing Shack Co.
In a nutshell: Loughton wings come to London
Summing it all up: Wing Shack has grown quite the following in Loughton, so they're coming into town with a new chicken shop pop-up in Clerkenwell. Expect wings, fillets, burgers and more - as well as a pretty varied selection of sides that includes plantain and cajun squid.
The latest addition to London's wing game comes from outside of London - Wing Shack originally hails from Loughton, set up by three friends in 2017. They've built on their success there and are moving into town (popping up for 2020 in what used to be the Mother Clucker space - so there's the continuation of a theme there). The original apparently has its fans in rapper Big Narstie and Olympian Lawrence Okolie, not to mention TOWIE's Ferne McCann, so we'll see if they also make the trip to Clerkenwell.
On the menu will be:
- Wings include Changs Honey & Sesame to Jarvis Tangy Buffalo wings - and the Inferno Wings if you need things as hot as possible
- There are boneless chicken fillets covered in southern rub, with dips that include Smokey BBQ and Blue Cheese dips
- They have burgers too - beef and southern fried chicken thigh burgers as well as the Jerk Burger - jerk chicken thighs, plantain, lettuce, tomato, cheese and chilli mayo
- There's the Edgy Veggie burger with charred halloumi, soy-marinated mushroom, tomato relish topped off with hummus
- As for sides, they include all manner of fries (which you can add chicken to, of course), cajun squid, halloumi fries, corn on the cob and plantain
- And dessert includes "Larry's Cheesecake" topped with fresh raspberry
It does sound a cut above your normal chicken shop - we can see this getting a big following in Clerkenwell too.
More about Wing Shack Co.
Where is it? 59-61 Rosebery Ave, Farringdon, London EC1R 4SD
When does it open? 7 February 2020
Launch offer: They're giving away a free portion of wings to the first 100 visitors from 6 to 8pm on their opening day. For details, sign up here.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners