What: Zia Lucia Aldgate
In a nutshell: Popular pizza parlour comes to The City.
Summing it all up: With restaurants in Islington, Hammersmith and Wembley already, Zia Lucia have won many fans for their pizzas - available in four types of dough from vegetable charcoal to the more traditional. This sees them heading to the City with their third pizza restaurant.
With pizza restaurants in Islington Hammersmith and Boxpark Wembley (not to mention their Berto pasta restaurant in Islington too) Zia Lucia have been a growing success (and a continued one in Islington going by the people we saw waiting outside for a table over the Christmas period). Now they're ready for their next opening. This time they're coming to the City with a restaurant at Aldgate, their most central restaurant yet.
It's early days on this news as we write - so we've yet to find out full details, but you can expect the usual four types of dough to choose from as your pizza base. They're vegetable charcoal, wholemeal, gluten-free, and traditional - all 48-hour slow-fermented doughs. As for the pizzas themselves, they include:
- La Vegana - Butternut squash cream, fresh tomatoes da campo, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes
- Spicy burrata - Tomato, mozzarella, fresh burrata, spianata spicy salami
- Arianna - Mozzarella, fresh sausage, taleggio goat cheese, pecorino cheese, truffle honey
- Ortolana - Tomato, mozzarella, courgettes, aubergines, peppers
- Andrea Pirlo - Mozzarella, gorgonzola, apple, truffle and olive sauce
- Paperon de Pepperoni = Tomato, mozzarella, spianata spicy salami, roasted peppers
On top of that, starters include lots of burrata (which you can add to any pizza) as well as their pizza dessert (Nutella in the crust, custard, fresh fruit, honey) to finish things off.
More about Zia Lucia Aldgate
Where is it? 12a Piazza Walk, London E1 8ZH
When does it open? 7 February 2020
Launch offer: 50% off pizza only 7-13 February.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners