Ever since featuring on My Million Pound Menu, chef Jay Morjaria's plant-based food has been in demand. Now the chef, who is currently working on plans to open his own standalone restaurant JAE, will be previewing dishes from that restaurant in Soho.
For January Jay will be taking over the kitchens at Hovarda every lunchtime. His completely vegan, East Asian menu will include dishes like:
- Chicory, kohlrabi and carrot salad with a yuzu and Shiso vinaigrette
- Coal roasted leeks with Kimchi Romesco
- Roast cauliflower with a vegan XO sauce
- Brussel sprout Pajeon (Korean pancake), creamy sesame dressing and fermented chilli
- Mochi doughnut with cinnamon sugar, pear compote and almond cream
Jay's stint will be the third instalment of the restaurant’s Lunch Takeover Series, which sees chefs from around the globe taking residence at the Rupert Street eatery for a month at a time.
More about JAE at Hovarda
Where is it? 36 – 40 Rupert Street, London, W1D 6DW
When? 6-31 January 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners