What: Barbie Green
In a nutshell: The brunch masters come to Barbican
Summing it all up: This restaurant is the latest from the Daisy Green group and it sounds like they've got an excellent location just outside Barbican. And yes, they will have the all-day Aussie brunch.
Just when you didn't think it was possible for more restaurants to open in 2019, here comes news of one more. This time it's the turn of the Daisy Green people, who have restaurants all over town including Beany Green, Timmy Green and more. And while Barbie Green may make you wonder if this is a doll's house-sized version, this time they're coming to the Barbican.
The location sounds impressive though. They're set around the remains of St Alphage Church and in a section of the original City of London Wall and the site will have large windows opening up onto a garden (think ahead to summer for that part).
As before, they're inspired by Australian restaurants, so brunch will be a big thing - and will, of course, go bottomless at the weekend. Here's a taste of the menu:
- Shakshouka - spiced tomatoes, peppers, baked eggs, house labne, charcoal toast
- Fancy bacon roll - poached eggs, crispy onions, bacon, holy f*ck hollandaise, paratha roti
- Crustless quiche - spinach, tomato, parmesan, daily changing seasonal salad
- Chargrilled harissa chicken breast - daily changing seasonal salad
- Tandoori roasted salmon - daily changing seasonal salad
More about Barbie Green
Where is it? 2 London Wall Place, Barbican, London EC2Y 5AU
When does it open? December 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners