In a nutshell: Hit residency goes permanent
Summing it all up: After winning plaudits galore with their 10 Heddon Street residency, Chris Leach and David Carter are back with a permanent restaurant, Manteca. Expect a combination of nose to tail eating with some amazing pasta dishes.
Have you been missing Chris Leach and David Carter's residency from 10 Heddon Street? Well, they're back already - and this time it's in their permanent restaurant called Manteca. They haven't moved all that far, taking over the old Bibigo spot on Great Marlborough Street.
As before, the restaurant is all based around nose-to-tail cooking using meat from small independent butchers, hand-rolled pasta, and fire-cooked cuts. It's inspired by Chris Leach's travels in Rome and Napoli, crossed with the food scene in New York and LA.
As for the menu - they're kicking things off with their own mortadella and then you'll find dishes like:
- Duck sausage, prunes, Armagnac
- White brean crostino, salmoriglio, Calabrian chilli
- Pig head fritti, pilacca (a fried chili pepper sauce).
- Tonnarelli, brown crab cacio e pepe
- Agnolotti dal plin, pork, hazelnuts (based on a Piedmontese recipe
- Grilled lamb neck, charred cauliflower, Sicilian pomegranate, flatbread
- Pork chop, apple rosemary mostarda, mustard greens
- Sides include wood oven potatoes al forno, lamb fat, garlic, rosemary
- And desserts are burnt orange with whipped custard and fried caramelle, apple, cinnamon.
Wines are from independent suppliers, covering Europe and North America and cocktails will have a focus on Amaro.
We were very impressed with their 10 Heddon Street residency, and are expecting great things from this permanent restaurant. If you missed them before - you definitely need to check them out now.
More about Manteca
Where is it? 58 Great Marlborough Street, Soho W1F 7JY
When does it open? 22 November 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners