Updated with full launch info
We've slowly been hearing what's planned for N1's Islington Square (taking over the old post office site off Upper Street) and now we've confirmation of at least one restaurant - but it's not a standalone one.
Odeon Luxe & Dine is Odeon's latest attempt to bring dining and a movie together. So if the very idea of people eating away while you try to enjoy the latest superhero movie drives you mad - this isn't for you. Luxe Odeons have been around for a while, first kicking off in Whitely's many years back when they teamed up for a short-lived menu with the late lamented Le Cafe Anglais. While they've continued to serve food - this looks like a renewed attempt to bring back a proper dinner offering.
Planned for the menu will be Wagyu beef burgers, corn-fed chicken and Moving Mountains vegan burgers. Plus there's:
- Southern fried chicken strips, served with skin-on fries, salsa & sour cream - £11
- Wild boar hot dog served with skin-on fries - £11
- Chorizo flatbread pizza - Spanish chorizo, tomato & Monterey Jack cheese - £7.50
- Avocado, kale & puy lentil salad - £9
- Cheese board - Blue Shropshire, Old Amsterdam Dutch, Brie, Wensleydale with Cranberry and Mature Cheddar. Served with grapes, biscuits & red onion chutney - £9
- Plus ice cream from Grom, including pistachio & stracciatella gelato sundae - £7.45
You can book all of this in advance via their app and It's all brought into the cinema by waiters - they'll have fun being told to "get out of the way" by other cinemagoers. And, of course, the booze will be luxe too - you can also order Veuve Clicquot champagne and cocktails from your cinema seat. And there's a big bar outside too.
So if you think you'll need some booze and food during The Rise of Skywalker or Frozen 2, or just to help you get through Cats - this sounds like the place to go.
More about Odeon Dine and Luxe
Where is it? Islington Square, 116 Upper St, Islington, London N1 1AB
When does it open? Now open
Find out more: Visit their website
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners