If you manage to secure tickets to this year's Pie Night at Dominique Ansel Bakery, then you'll feel pretty damned smug. This year, Ansel is changing things up for his all-you-can-eat pie fest, bringing in some of London's top chefs to help out.
In the mix are The Ledbury's Brett Graham, Sabor's Nieves Barragán, Ottolenghi's Helen Goh, The Greenhouse's Alex Dilling, and royal wedding baker Violet Cakes's Claire Ptak. In total there'll be ten varieties of unlimited slices of sweet and savoury pies on offer.
Hot Dinners got a sneak peak at the menu for the event next month and it looks GOOD.
- Roasted Cauliflower, Caramelized Onion, & Brie de Meaux Pie - filled with roasted cauliflower, caramelised onions, and melted Brie de Meaux cheese in a homestyle flaky pie crust, topped with pickled English walnuts, grated Parmesan, and poached grapes.
- Brett Graham's Braised Guinea Fowl & Cèpe Mushroom Pie - with slow-braised guinea fowl thighs and pan-fried cèpe mushrooms, a splash of Arbois wine, shallots, thyme, roasted garlic, and sliced Jerusalem artichokes, in a classic golden pie crust.
- Nieves Barragán's Smoked Tetilla Cheese, Black Fig, & Truffle Honey Pie - with smoked Tetilla cheese, ripe black figs, and a drizzle of white truffle honey, in a flaky double puff pastry crust.
- Helen Goh's Malaysian Curried Lamb Shoulder Pie – filled with tender lamb shoulder slow-cooked in with Malay curry spices, lemongrass, chilli, coriander, and potatoes, framed in a Malaysian puff pastry crust.
- Alex Dilling's Roasted Veal, Buttered Leek, Chanterelle, & Smoked Bacon Pie – with seared veal cushion and veal velouté with a splash of Chardonnay and cream, butter-braised leeks, fresh Chanterelle mushrooms, potatoes, and smoked bacon, in a classic flaky puff pastry crust.
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie – our Pie Night classic, with caramelized autumn orchard Gala apples and gooey soft caramel in a lattice-topped pie crust.
- Double-Lemon Meringue Pie - with silky homemade lemon curd and tangy lemon mousse, topped with brûléed Italian meringue, in a crispy and flaky pie crust.
- Silky Chocolate Custard Pie - our take on a classic chocolate cream pie, with rich dark chocolate custard framed in a chocolate sablé crust, piled high with pillowy crème fraîche Chantilly on top to finish
- Bumbleberry Hazelnut Pie – filled with a mix of our favourite seasonal fruits, including ripe apples and pears, and fresh blackberries and strawberries, with a hint of vanilla and brown sugar, topped with crunchy buttery hazelnut streusel.
- Claire Ptak's Sour Cherry Pie – filled with sour cherries and a hint of vanilla and cinnamon, in a classic pastry crust with fluted edges and a hand-latticed pastry top.
More about Pie Night
Where is it? Dominique Ansel Bakery London, 17-21 Elizabeth St, London SW1W 9RP
When? 22 and 23 October and 29 and 30 October 2019. There are two time slots - 6:30-8:00pm & 8:30-10:00pm
How much: Tickets are £38 and include a sparkling apple cider cocktail, bottomless warm mulled cider and a surprise gift to take home.
How to book: Tickets go on sale from 12pm on 9 October here.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners