Dalston has a new burger bar, setting up shop in The Three Compasses. Filthy Buns, led by exec chef John Gladwell, will be settling down for a residency in the pub following their start on the street food scene.
Here's what's on offer:
- Cheesy House (£8) - The ‘house’ cheeseburger. 45-day, dry-aged beef patty, double cheese (red & swiss) smoked mayo, beefy ketchup, sweet house pickles.
- Filthy Cow (£10) - 45-day dry aged beef patty is topped with braised ox cheek ragu, on a slaw of carrot, red cabbage, mint and coriander, smothered in the Capital’s first beer cheese sauce, blended with 40ft Brewery Pale Ale, smoked mayo, beefy ketchup, sweet house pickles and crispy onions.
- Fun-Guy (£9) (vg) - Low & slow cooked bbq mushrooms, bourbon bbq shot, red slaw, sweet house pickles, sour chillies.
- Captain Planet (£9) (vg) - Crispy miso tofu, rocket, red slaw, sweet house pickles, mockzarella, red pepper ketchup
- Roast Sunday Buns (£13) - Keeping Sunday simple, chicken, beef or butternut burgers will be loaded in a bun with bread sauce and Sunday slaw (cabbage, sprouts and carrots cooked in lashings of butter and thyme) and served with crispy tatts and gravy
As for that "beer cheese", here's what Gladwell has to say about it:
The beer cheese sauce has been a big passion project. Sourcing local ingredients is really important to us, 40FT Brewery is just down the road in Dalston their Pale Ale perfectly combines with Cornish Gouda to create a great cheese sauce! It’s that good not only is it in our Filthy Cow burger, we had to load it onto our fries too, topped with British cheddar curds and finished with rich ox cheek ragu…that’s how we Brits do poutine!
They'll also have chips with nduja gravy, beer cheese sauce, crispy onions and a vegan version which has mockzarella, onion gravy, sweet house pickles. And, of course, there will be plenty of beer to go with that.
More about Filthy Buns at the Three Compasses
Where is it? 99 Dalston Lane, London E8 1NH
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners