30/10/19 - updated with the opening date
In a nutshell: High rise co-dining in Canary Wharf
Summing it all up: This Canary Wharf restaurant is on the 20th Floor of The Collective Canary Wharf, a huge "co-living" space. Open to everyone, they're aiming for an at-home vibe.
The latest high-rise dining restaurant to hit London is one with a difference. Called Mthr (we're going to assume that's pronounced "mother"), it's part of what they're calling a co-living space in Canary Wharf. It's called co-living because you can stay in any one of the 705 rooms in the building from anything between 1 night and 12 months.
And as part of that, there's a restaurant on the 20th floor, so it should have some great views. That's run by Head Chef Arnaud Delannay, previously at Darwin Brasserie at 20 Fenchurch Street (the "Walkie Talkie") and then Vivi at Centre Point. There's a big shared dining table, or apparently, you can have your meal on a sofa too. It's all part of the at-home feel they're going for).
The menu, billed "global comfort food" covers seasonal salads, meats and fish, including:
- Shorthorn 8oz Ribeye with Caramelised Onion, Grape Mustard Aioli and Fries
- Coq au Vin with Bourguignonne Garnish and Pommery Glazed New Potatoes,
- Peterhead Cod with Chorizo and White Bean Stew.
- Baked Whole Sea Bream with Harissa,
- Blackened Asparagus with a Fennel and Orange Salad with Lemon Aioli
- Five Spiced Pork Shoulder with Bao Buns, Hoisin Brush and Garnishes.
Plus there will be grab-and-go-food too. And the restaurant is open to everyone, not just those living there. So it may be a handy high-rise pit-stop if you're working in the area.
More about Mthr
Where is it? 20 Crossharbour Plaza, London E14 9YF
When does it open? 11 November 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners