What: Great Scotland Yard hotel
In a nutshell: The Dairy go to the Yard
Summing it all up: Next up from Robin Gill and The Dairy team is the new Great Scotland Yard hotel in Mayfair. He and the team will be in charge of the food, cocktails, bakery and more.
Great Scotland Yard (not the "new" one that's obviously still in use) is being turned into a hotel in Westminster, and they're getting the people behind The Dairy to be in charge of the food. And with the plush surroundings of Darby's only recently opened at the time of writing, this next opening sounds even plusher.
It's the first time Robin Gill and the Dairy folk have got themselves involved with the hotel business - but Gill did work at Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons - so he's very familiar with all this. He's also bringing in another Le Manoir alumnus, Alex Harper, to be Executive Chef.
- The Yard - which is the main restaurant. It'll be modern British, showcasing UK produce.
- Forty Elephants - this is the cocktail bar, with contemporary twists on classic cocktails
- The Parlour - described as a modern tearoom, with a design that's apparently inspired by The Imperial hotel in Delhi.
- Sibin - that's an "illicit drinking club" with whisky being showcased
- Grace and Favour - a co-working space (that can be hired out too)
And the menu for The Yard includes:
- Chicken thigh, crispy skin, leek and truffle terrine
- Fallow deer, damson, baked celeriac
- Apple tarte tatin, quince puree, vanilla and salted popcorn parfait
More about Great Scotland Yard hotel
Where is it? 3-5 Scotland Yard, London SW1A 2HW
When does it open? 9 December 2020
Soft launch details: 25% off the total bill from 9th - 22nd December
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners