Once again, London is getting ready for another great-sounding Meatopia festival over in Tobacco Dock. Every year (this will be its seventh), a great selection of top chefs get together to create some truly excellent dishes - all created specifically for the festival. You won't see any of these dishes elsewhere. Oh, and a lot of meat is involved.
The 2019 line-up is looking pretty good already. Chefs appearing include:
- Tom Brown - from Cornerstone in Hackney - best known for his seafood, so it'll be interesting to see what he's cooking up on the day
- James Cochran - of Islington's 12:51
- Ramael Scully - from Scully in St James's Market and ex NOPI.
- Nieves Barragan Mohacho - from the Michelin-starred Sabor in Mayfair
- David Carter - of Shoreditch's Smokestak, well known for its meat cred
- James Whetlor - of Cabrito, who has popularised the use of goat on many a London menu
- Roberta Hall-McCarron of The Little Chartroom, Edinburgh and Best Chef at The YBFs last year.
- Dave Bone & Anthony Power of Pilgrim, Liverpool, recent winners of the BBC’s My Million Pound Menu.
- Sam Evans - Hangfire Smokehouse in Wales, current holders of Observer Food Monthly’s ‘Best Restaurant’ award.
Plus from outside of the UK...
- Amninder Sandhu - of Arth, Mumbai, recently seen in Netflix’s The Final Table
- Bryan Furman - B’s Cracklin’ BBQ, Atlanta - cooking in the UK for the first time
- Jeff Claudio & Andrei Soen - of Rosita’s Deluxe in Singapore cooking up burgers
- Joan Bagur - of Oaxaca Cuina in Barcelona
- Killian Crowley - Aniar in Galway in Ireland, one of the two Michelin starred restaurants in the city
- Max Levy & Siam Sattayaphan - of Sausage Commitment, Hong Kong, showcasing fermented and smoked Asian sausages
Tickets are on sale now - and we'll have more info about the dishes available closer to the event.
More about Meatopia 2019
Where is it? Tobacco Dock, Tobacco Quay, Wapping Ln, London E1W 2SF
When is it? 30 Aug - 1 Sept 2019
How to book: Get tickets online
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners