Fresh on the heels of Chinese Laundry's successful sojourn there comes news that AngloThai will be the next residency at the Mountgrove Bothy.
If you haven't been lucky enough to try their food to date, let us enlighten you. The chef is John Chantarasak who was twice shortlisted for the Young British Foodie ‘Chef of the Year’ and until four months ago was working at som saa. He's now branched out on his own, and after some time cooking around the UK, Europe and Asia he's back in London.
On the drinks front he's teaming up with Modal Wines to showcase a low intervention wine list with particular focus on the wine producer Joiseph from Austria.
Food-wise, expect a wine bar format with small plates. We got a sneak peek of the opening week menu which includes dishes like:
- Sourdough Bread & Whipped Shrimp Paste Butter
- Winter Tomatoes, Yellow Soybeans & Sawtooth Coriander
- Curried Pig's Head Terrine
- Raw Dexter Beef, Makhwaen Laab Spice & Sorrel
- Linconshire White Leg Prawns & Seafood Nahm Jim
- Mussels in Pork Fat Jungle Curry
- Fermented Rice Pudding & Yorkshire Rhubarb
More about AngloThai at The Mountgrove Bothy
Where is it? The Mountgrove Bothy, 90 Mountgrove Rd, London N5 2LT
When: 14 March 2019 for three weeks - Thursday to Saturday 6pm-10pm (until midnight for drinks).
How to book: It's walk-ins only
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @anglothai
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners