Updated 9/9/19 with the final line-up
Over the years, KERB, after starting at King's Cross, have gone on to conquer all parts of London with their lunchtime street food markets (and some great evening events). And now they've finally decided to go indoors for their next venture, a covered market at Seven Dials.
They're taking over the 19th century Thomas Neal’s Warehouse in Seven Dials - which was apparently a former banana storage building (and it's pretty big at 22,000 sq ft). They'll be turning it into their first permanent indoor marketplace, open all day from breakfast to dinner.
The main event will be a thoroughfare called Cucumber Alley where "local businesses stock deli items such as artisan pies and fresh bread, as well as a florist and bookshop." And carrying on KERB's history of incubating street-food talents early on, they'll be hosting regular workshops by "London’s food entrepreneurs" too.
Here's the final line-up:
- Club Mexicana - with their Mexican street food, with tacos including beer battered tofish, jackfruit carnitas, and annatto glazed tempeh
- Yum Bun - bringing their steamed buns to Covent Garden
- Rice Guys - modern Chinese bowls including Iberico pork char-sui over rice
- INK - fish and chips including fritto misto sharing plates, fresh battered fish, crispy salt and pepper squid and triple cooked chips
- Square Root - a "temperance bar" with botanical and seasonal sodas
- Pick and Cheese - a conveyor belt of cheeses from The Cheese Bar.
- Nanban from Tim Anderson, focusing on ramen
- Strozzapretti - from the original team behind Franco Manca - all about pasta.
- Claw - with crab and lobster rolls, mac and cheese and lots more
- Monty's Deli with their top salt beef and pastrami sandwiches.
- Karaway - Lithuanian heritage breads and pastries
- Wheelcake Island - hot Taiwanese pancake pillows
- Hackney Gelato - small batch ice cream from ex-Locanda Locatelli pastry chef duo
- Big Shot Coffee & Donuts - donut-maker Vicky’s and bespoke coffee service Coffee Space team up
- Yin - Chinese comfort food
- El Pollote- Venezuelan fried chicken experts
- Truffle - burgers inc a 7 Dials Burger’ with 7 cuts of meat, including pigs head, tongue and bacon
- Crown & Queue - locally cured meats
- Roadkill - butchery
- England Preserves - selling their high-quality jams
- The English Flowerhouse - Artisan florists
- East London Liquor - bottle shop
Plus there will be the Seven Dials Market bar - with local beers, cocktails and wine - including the special KERB lager.
More about Seven Dials Market
Where is it? Thomas Neal's Warehouse, London WC2H 9QW
When does it open? 7 September 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners