It's always one of the biggest foodie events of the year, where a huge amount of chefs and restaurateurs from across the country gather together in London for a damned fine night out. It's also one of the most efficiently-run awards ceremonies around (sticking to 30 minutes - a template for how awards ceremonies should be run).
Last night's event was no exception with the evening's festivities presided over by Nigella Lawson and the newspaper's restaurant critic, Jay Rayner - who vowed to keep things to schedule; "no-one ever left an awards ceremony saying 'That was great, but I wish it had gone on longer'."
There was something quite striking about this year's awards. While the OFM Awards always properly represent food and restaurants from across the country, this is the first year where we've only seen just one London restaurant take home a prize. So it's big congratulations to Tom Brown for his win for Cornerstone, and we're all really going to have to make a trip to Barry Island to try Hang Fire Southern Kitchen too.
- Best Cheap Eats 2018 - Bia Rebel, Belfast
- Best Sunday Lunch 2018 - The Queen o' t' owd Thatch, South Milford
- Best Place To Drink 2018 - Public, Sheffield
- Best Ethical Food Project 2018 - Life Kitchen
- Best Readers’ Recipe 2018 - Mike Oehlers’ salsicce siciliani con rigatoni
- Best Independent Retailer 2018 - Farmison & Co
- Best Instagram Feed 2018 - Julie Jones, Soulful Baker
- Best Producer 2018 - Mary Holbrook, Sleight Farm
- Ofm Local Hero 2018 - The Dressing Room Cafe at The Edge, Chorlton
- Best New Cookbook 2018 - Anna Jones, The Modern Cook’s Year
- Young Chef Of The Year 2018 - Chris McClurg (Paul Ainsworth at no 6, Padstow)
- Best Restaurant 2018 - Hang Fire Southern Kitchen, Barry
- Best Newcomer 2018 - Cornerstone, Hackney
- Best food personality 2018- Jack Monroe
- Outstanding achievement 2018 Nishkam SWAT, London
- Lifetime achievement - Simon Hopkinson
For more on all of the above, follow OFM on Instagram and pick up a copy of the paper this coming Sunday.
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners