What: Due East
In a nutshell: New Bethnal Green hotel gets an all-day restaurant
Summing it all up: A fancy new hotel, the East London Hotel, is opening in Bethnal Green. It's bringing along with it the Due East restaurant - an all-day affair that pays a lot of attention to the food and drink being produced out east.
Bethnal Green continues to develop with the opening of a brand new hotel in the area - the East London Hotel.
And of course, the opening of a hotel means there will be a restaurant to go alongside it. As befits a hotel, it'll be an all-day affair and it looks like they're trying to make the most of the local area produce with E5 Bakery Sourdough, East London Bagels, Crosstown Doughnuts, East London Liquor Company cocktails and more on offer.
That menu includes:
- Peachy Wings - with honey peach glaze
- Lime Chicken and Pineapple Nachos (what are pineapple nachos!?)
- Sweet and Spicy Flatbread with slow-cooked beef brisket
- Bagel with pepperoni, mozzarella, and basil served with the house Italian ragu
- Or a morning bagel with scrambled egg, crispy bacon and tomato compote
Drinks-wise, they'll have Red Church Brewery E2 and GRIND Coffee while the cocktail list includes:
- Paradise Rose - small batch lavender, juniper, fennel seed and bay leaf infused gin, and topped with Fentimans rose lemonade
- Cotton Cosmo - Tarquins Blackberry Gin, triple sec, pomegranate juice and lime juice.
- Naked Negroni made with Naked Grouse Whiskey
- Rosewater Fizz, made with rose petal jam and chamomile tea mixed with premium gin
More about Due East
Where is it? 309-317 Cambridge Heath Rd, London E2 9LH
When does it open? 10 September
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners