Earlier in 2018, big-name LA chef Nancy Silverton popped over for an unexpected - and hugely popular - residency in Old Street's Passo. The chef has many, many plaudits to her name, including winning the top James Beard award for outstanding chef. So she's pretty influential.
Now it seems that there was more to the short residency than it originally appeared. Silverton had brought staff with her, and it appears - according to a Washington Post article - that she's been eyeing up London as a possible place to open in. She's be bringing over her brand Mozza, which is both a pizzeria and an Osteria in New York - so we're yet to know what form the UK restaurant might take. The Osteria is a high-end traditional Italian restaurant and, at the time of writing, dishes include:
- Sweet Corn Cappellacci - with chanterelles & thyme
- Fonduta Ravioli with 25 yrs aceto balsamico tradizionale di Modena
- Corzetti Stampati with summer squash, lemon ricotta & pine nuts
- Deep Fried Whole Branzino with green onions & Fresno peppers
- Grilled Beef Tagliata with rucola, Parmigiano & aceto balsamico
Or it could be the Pizzeria Mozza, with its range of bruschette, daily special pastas and pizzas that include "Fennel Sausage, Panna, Mozzarella, Red Onions & Scallions".
We'll have more news as it's revealed.
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners