Two years ago, we ran the Chase Smoky Mary Challenge, pitting chefs from all over the country against each other to come up with the best foodie take on the classic Bloody Mary cocktail. It was such a huge success we've decided to run a similar competition - only this time, we're stepping things up.
For the 2017 Chase GB Gin Desserts Challenge, we want chefs to come up with an amazing dessert using Chase's GB Gin and influenced by one of the gin's botanicals including: juniper, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, almond, coriander, cardamom, cloves, liquorice and lemon.
We'll be inviting a shortlist of five chefs (or members of their team) to London in September to whip up their desserts for a panel of judges at a central London venue. All the desserts that make it as far as the finals will be featured on Hot Dinners.
One lucky winner will walk away with a year's supply of GB gin (that's 12 cases of 6 bottles if you were wondering). They'll also win an all inclusive night's stay for two at any of the Pig Hotels.
How to enter
To kickstart your inspiration, apply for a sample of GB Gin by emailing email@example.com with the subject line GB Gin Sample. Once you've come up with your dessert, email full details of your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line GB Gin Desserts by Sunday 23 July 2017.
You must attach a large landscape image of your dish with your email entry.
Each recipe must use 50ml of GB Gin and also at least one of the gin's botanicals - juniper, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, almond, coriander, cardamom, cloves, liquorice and lemon.
About the gin
Chase GB Gin is England's first single estate gin. The process begins down on their farm in Herefordshire, with juniper buds and berries being added to Chase Vodka in the belly of their copper carter head style still. To this they then add wild botanical infusions of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, almond, coriander, cardamom, cloves, liquorice and lemon. They're deservedly proud of it, but don't just take their word for it. GB Gin was voted ‘double gold’ and best in class at the San Francisco spirits competition 2016 which is a BIG deal.
Hot Dinners reader offer:
We're not forgetting all our readers who love food (and booze) and just happen not to be professional chefs. You can all get a 15% discount on any Chase product on their website williamschase.co.uk. Simply use the code hotdinners2017GB - one transaction per person.
2017 Chase GB Gin Desserts Challenge terms and conditions
- You must be a chef employed in a professional restaurant to enter.
- All entries must be accompanied by a picture and full description of the recipe including ingredients (but does not have to include method).
- The stay at The Pig is subject to availability on any day from Sunday-Thursday. Includes dinner with a bottle of wine, breakfast, two spa treatments.
- The restaurant's chef does not have to present the dessert in person at the final, they may train up a member of their brigade to make the dessert on their behalf.
- Shortlisted entries will be informed by Friday 11 August 2017.
- The final will be held in September 2017 in London.
- All decisions by the judges are final.