The trend towards healthier eating continues apace with the news of a new vegetable-focused restaurant, Spinach coming to East Dulwich. They're promising to have vegetables at the heart of the menu, with an ever-changing seasonal menu, open all-day, seven days a week. They're looking to source everything as local as possible, from the food to the drinks and the dishes will range from salads at lunch to small/larger plates in the evening.
And while vegetables are very much at the heart of the menu, there's plenty for meat eaters in there too. Some early example dishes include:
- Tempura Courgette flowers with Goat's Cheese and Orange Blossom Honey
- Grilled Artichokes & Marinated Piquillo Pepper with Walnut Sauce and Mustard
- Cromer Crab, Peas and Coriander
- Jerusalem Artichoke & Pork Winter Casserole
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Mustard, Apricots, Rocket and Pumpkin Seeds.
- Salted Chocolate and Pumpkin Babka
It's all being put together by Melissa Harwood, who's been in the restaurant launching business for a while - but this is her first own project. The place itself is split into two with the bar at the front and the restaurant at the back - with a room that promises lots of greenery and light through the velux windows in the ceiling. They're also planning banquet style seating on the second floor which they'll have available to hire out.