You may have caught DJ/'cue obsessive Seth Troxler's BBQ popup Smokey Tails when it last turned up in Hackney Wick or Haggerston. But now Troxler's restaurant is settling down with its first permanent residence, at Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen.
The new 64 cover Smokey Tails restaurant will be open from lunch onwards (and brunch at the weekends we like the sound of the house selection of French Toast & corn meal pancake) and serving a snack menu in the bar area of Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen. There's a large terrace overlooking the square where they're hoping to put on an outdoor BBQ every Sunday.
As for the food, Seth describes it as Midwest modern with dishes such as:
- Spicy Sofrito Smoked Pork, Pineapple Salsa
- Apple Wood Smoked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Honey Chicken Biscuit Sliders
- Cherry Woodsmoked Lamb Ribs
- Smoked halloumi with bitter leaves and burnt ketchup
- Miso glazed smoked aubergine & marrow, mint, pine nuts
Smokey Tails will be at Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen, 2-4 Hoxton Square, London N1 6NU from 22 April 2016. Opening hours will be Monday to Friday 8am - 11pm, Saturdays 10am – 11pm and Sundays from 12pm – 10pm. Keep up with their news on Twitter @smokeytails