The Gherkin's new pop-up for the summer will be Searcy’s Seaside in the Sky, who'll be serving upmarket versions of classic British food for six weeks.
It'll all be themed around the Great British Seaside, and will come with the not inconsiderable bonus of epic views across London (plus zero chance of rogue bits of sand following you home in every pocket.) The pop-up will be split across two floors, with food being served at the Coastline on the 39th floor, while upstairs on the 40th there'll be the Beach Hut Bar.
Diners can expect food like:
- Cod, scallops, lobster, crab and oysters and other seafood sourced from around Britain
- Gourmet fish and chips with cod poached in butter, with squid ink scrap, pea puree and triple cooked chips
- Beef wellington with 35-day aged Lake District beef
- British charcuterie and cheeses
- Pork pie with homemade piccalilli
There’ll be a selection of English sparkling wines to choose from thanks to Nyetimber who’re working together with Searcy’s to put on the event. Portsmouth Gin are also involved in, meaning there’ll be ample gin cocktails to wet your whistle, like gimlets and gin martinis.
Returning to the kitchen for a second time, following his French Riviera-themed menu last year, will be Executive Chef Barry Tonks.
More about Searcy's at The Gherkin
Where is it? Floor 39, The Gherkin, 30 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8EP
When? 24 July - 1 September 2017
How do I book? Call 020 7071 5025. The a la carte lunch menu will cost £45, while a three-course dinner seating will cost £55.
Find out more: Visit their website