12/10/16 - Updated with soft launch info.
It's always a good news day when we hear about a new Salt Yard Group restaurant opening. Their next place will be Veneta, opening in the St. James’s Market development later this year. Here's what we know about it so far:
It's inspired by Venice - Chef Director Ben Tish, and Head Chef Jamie Thickett (formerly of Opera Tavern) will oversee the menu. Seafood lovers will be happy as there'll be a raw bar serving up seasonal British and Venetian seafood. Here's what's on the menu:
- Kid goat ragu with fresh pappardelle
- Charcoal grilled monkfish with anchovy sauce and salsify
- Chicken braised in almond milk with Medjool dates and saffron.
There'll also be a ham and cheese trolley - serving artisan charcuterie and cheeses from the Veneto region
And breakfast too. On that menu is:
- Fresh fried fritelle with jam, chocolate and saffron custard
- Burrata with roast plums, hazelnuts and tarragon
- Smoked Scottish salmon, black truffle butter, scrambled eggs and polenta brioche
- Baked eggs with spinach, tomato ragu, speck and basil.
The wine list will be completely Italian - and not only that, but completely Northern Italian in focus
It'll be open all day and it all sounds pretty glamorous. Expect this to be a place for power breakfasts with a Venetian twist and there's going to be a huge terrace outside for people/hedge fund trader watching.
Veneta opens on 24 October year at St James's Market, London SW1Y 4SB. There will be a soft launch with 50% off food for lunch and dinner until 30 Oct and 50% off food at breakfast until 6 November. To book, call 0203 874 9100 or email email@example.com.