9/2/16 - updated with soft launch details
As the new openings at Victoria's Nova come towards us in a wave, we've more news about another. This time, it's from the same people behind Riding House Cafe, who are opening the similarly monikered Rail House Cafe.
This new place is considerably larger that Riding House or Village East (which is also run by the same company). Seating 330 (which includes an out-door area for 90) there's eating and drinking on the ground floor and another bar and private room upstairs. It'll be an all-day dining affair with - as you can see from the pic above - a much more contemporary look than Riding House.
On the menu (which will include an all-day healthy focus) is:
- Wild bass and truffle - lemon mousseline, confit fennel, saffron
- ‘Burgerdict (an eggs Benedict-burger hybrid) - poached, beef patty, hollandaise, American cheese, English muffin
- Kale Caesar -Spanish anchovies, quail's egg, marinated kale, parmesan dressing
- Chargrilled Octopus - potato, olives, shemigi mushroom salad
- Pommes Lyonnaise - pickled vegetables, baby gem, celeriac purée
- 24 Hour cooked lamb shoulder - 5-spice, aubergine miso, black curry
Rail House Cafe will open February 27, 2017 at Nova London in Victoria. They're having a pay-what-you-like soft launch until March 3 and you can book that here. Follow them on Twitter @railhouse_cafe.