18/1/16 - updated with opening dates
Russell Norman's Polpo empire is expanding ever further. Not content with opening far south in Brighton, they're going to launch in two Harvey Nichols stores - both London and Leeds.
Each restaurant will open in February - first will be Knightsbridge on the Fifth Floor and then later in the month the Fourth Floor of Harvey Nicks in Leeds. Both spaces will be redesigned in look of your usual Polpo - or as they put it "will reflect the gloriously faded elegance of La Serenissima and the renowned charm of the humble bacaro."
Expect similar dishes to the other Polpos - so a selection of Veneto inspired small dishes. Those will include:
- Snacks inc. fried olives, zucchini arancini and fig & prosciutto crostini (from £3).
- Cod cheeks with lentils & salsa verde
- Pizzetta with spicy pork and pickled peppers,
- Deep fried polenta-crusted meatballs,
- Sliced flank steak with porcini
- Flourless chocolate & hazelnut cake,
- Blackberry panna cotta
And of course expect plenty of Campari and negronis to wash down the food - or just to help you recover from shopping.