There's a new modern Italian restaurant opening right next door to the Baglioni hotel in Kensington called Osteria 60. From restaurant director Francesco Tatulli, here's what we know...
Expect Italian food using British ingredients. Head Chef Ivan Simeoli has worked with Oliver Peyton at his restaurants before and now he's bringing together best of British ingredients with Italian staples. So you can expect:
- Carpaccio of wild sea bass with sea urchins
- Scialatielli pasta with salt cod and amatriciana sauce
- Risotto with San Marzano tomatoes and smoked provolone
- Lamb chop with Sicilian aubergine and caponata
- Veal Milanese with vignarola salad and burnt gremolata
- Tiramisù croccante
- Amalfi lemon tart with sorrel sorbet.
There's a separate bar menu. That'll have pizzette, arancini, bruschetta and some seasonal pasta dishes.
There's a terrace seating 30 and facing Kensington Gardens - so it'll be a nice Summer spot. As for the restaurant itself, that seats 88 with 15 more at the bar. It's being inspired by traditional Milanese trattorias of the 1950s.
And there will be a big wine list of 140 bins. That's being put together by by Head Sommelier Giovanni Rapagnani (previously at Galvin La Chapelle),