A new German restaurant has quietly opened in Victoria this week, coming from the same people behind The Rose in Chelsea and The Loose Box on Horseferry Road. It's a modern German bierkeller - which, yes means beer cellar - and as such you can expect plenty of German beer and food.
The menu includes:
- Currywurst serviert mit Pommes Frites (Pork sausage served with chips & curry sauce)
- Obatzda - serviert mit Salzbretzel (Camembert & cream cheese dip served with pretzel sticks)
- Gulaschsuppe mit Kartoffeln (Potato dumplings in homemade goulash stew)
- Pork, chicken, aubergine and more schnitzels
- Slow roasted pork knuckle with sauerkraut, red cabbage, potato dumplings, mash & gravy
Plus more sausages and sharing plates and, of course, apple strudel or Black Forest gateau for dessert. As for drinks, there ARE lots of beers, but a healthy cocktail and wine list too (and some schnapps).
It's a big old space - fitting 350 - and expect a very Bavarian feel to it.
Munich Cricket Club is open now at 61-71 Victoria Street. For more, follow them on Twitter @munichCCLondon