11/10/16 - Updated with more information about the opening.
She's currently best known as a MasterChef Professionals judge and before that, Monica Galetti was the senior sous chef at Le Gavroche, where she'd been for 2 years. Speculation was rife as to her next move, and now it's been revealed that she's opening her own restaurant called Mere in Fitzrovia.
Here's what we know so far:
- It's a joint production between Monica Galetti and her sommelier husband David Galetti.
- It's a two-level affair, with a ground floor bar for 20 and a basement restaurant for 60 more
- The bar will have cocktails and snacks, with a more traditional restaurant downstairs
- That seasonal restaurant menu will be a lighter take on the classics and new dishes (yet to be revealed)
- The name comes from a combination of the French word for Mother and the Samoan word for Mary, Galetti's mother.
We'll add more as we hear it and you can follow Monica Galetti on Twitter @MGaletti01
Mere opens at 74 Charlotte Street, London W1T 4QH in January 2017.