06/02/17 - Updated with opening date and menu details
She's currently best known as a MasterChef Professionals judge and before that, Monica Galetti was the senior sous chef at Le Gavroche, where she'd been for 2 years. Next up is her own restaurant called Mere in Fitzrovia.
Here's what we know:
- It's a joint production between Monica Galetti and her sommelier husband David Galetti - so you can expect a great deal of attention on the wine list.
- It's a two-level affair, with a ground floor bar for 20 and a basement restaurant for 60 more
- The bar will have cocktails and snacks, with a more traditional restaurant downstairs
- The name comes from a combination of the French word for Mother and the Samoan word for Mary, Galetti's mother.
As for the menu itself, it'll be a highly seasonal affair, created in conjunction with Head Chef Renée Miller. There will be six choices per course that will be changed regularly. For the launch, expect:
- Scallop – Black Curry, Basmati, Lime, Kumquat and Puffed Rice
- Squab – Roast Breast, Confit Leg Pastilla, Cauliflower, Rhubarb and Ras el Hanout
- Citrus and Yogurt – Blood Orange Mousse, Yogurt Sorbet, Lemon Confit, Sparkling Grapefruit.
And the bar will also have a seasonal cocktail list, kicking things off with:
- Sauvelle Martini – Lillet White, Sauvelle crafted Vodka, Lime Juice, Sage
- Rum Passion – Passoa, Havana Club 3 Years Old, Cranberry, Strawberries, Violet Syrup
- Margarita – Tequila El Jimador, Cointreau, Lime Juice