The ongoing influx of new restaurants to Covent Garden continues - and if you love a good crepe then this one's for you. Mamie's is both a creperie AND a cider bar - with the focus very much on Britanny cuisine.
It's a three storey affair, with crepes and galettes (which will be gluten free) the order of the day. Expect both to come with a number of fillings - and they'll be available to take away too (as well as some Britanny produce that will be on sale too).
On the menu is:
- Forest Complète Galette: Egg, Ham, Emmental, Sautéed Mushrooms
- La Chateaubriand (rolled) galette: Sausage, Sautéed Onions, Mixed Salad Leafs
- La Bonaparte galette: Smoked Bacon, Sautéed Mushrooms and Potatoes, St. Nectaire, Soured Cream
- Crêpe Flambée - Calvados, Rum, Imperial Mandarin, Grand Marnier or Cognac
- La Magritte crepe - Home-cooked Apples, Caramel, Vanilla Ice Cream
- La Henri Dès crepe - Nutella, Halft-salted-butter caramel, Marshmallows
- La Duras crepe - Home-cooked pears, salted-butter caramel, caramelized pecan, vanilla ice-cream
And if you think three floors of crepes are too much - then don't worry as the basement has been reserved for a cider cellar - La Cidrothèque (you will need something to wash down that pastry, after all). Down there, they'll have 10 French ciders (from both Brittany and Normandy), as well as cider from Britain, Ireland, Sweden, Belgium and even New Zealand.
Mamie's opens In September 2016 at 19 Catherine Street, London WC2B 5JS. For more, follow them on Twitter @MAMIESLondon