There's more barbecue on the way, this time to an area of London - between Victoria and Westminster - which can be something of a wasteland for decent restaurants. It's called Low, Slow and Juke and is a combo cocktail bar and barbecue restaurant.
It's taking over the space that used to be The Abbey Pub, a huge lower ground area on Abbey Orchard Street (it fits around 150). Food-wise, they'll have St. Louis slab ribs, beef brisket, beef ribs and honey & BBQ glaze (all smoked in-house) and burgers too. On the menu is:
- Chilli + Caramel Chicken Wings - £6.00
- Deep Fried Mac + Cheese - £ 3.50
- St. Louis Slab Ribs - £14.00
- Beef Brisket + Pickles- £14.00
- BBQ Half Chicken- £11.00
- Mini Bucket of Ribs (Beef rib, St Louis rib + baby back rib) - £ 8.00
- Black + Blue burger - 6oz dry aged beef patty, burnt onions, blue cheese sauce - £11.00
- Brisket burger - 6oz dry aged beef patty, chilli beef brisket, chipotle mayo - £10.00
And for lunch sandwiches for £7.50 each that include "Pulled Pork BLT - BBQ pulled pork, bacon jam, lettuce, tomato, smoky chipotle mayo".
Alongside that, they'll have cocktails (inc a Gingerbread Manhattan), local beers and more.
Low, Slow and Juke opens 11 February 2016 at 1 Abbey Orchard St, London SW1P 2LU with a 50% off soft launch - evening slots are already booked up. They'll be opening officially on 18 February. Find out more on Twitter @lowslowandjuke