There's a new Middle Eastern restaurant coming to Clapham called Jan and they're aiming for food with "Caspian Flavours". To achieve that, there will be a lot of cooking served from their charcoal oven - so expect grilled lamb chops and also:
- Slow Roast Shoulder in a Pomegranate Glaze served with Chickpeas and Caspian Spices
- Sea Bream with Harissa and Preserved Lemons, Charred Miso and Tahini Spiced Cauliflower
- Caspian Spiced Roast Chicken - for two - served in a Cardamom and Rosemary Broth alongside Spiced Aubergine.
But that's not all. Outside of the charcoal oven, they'll have small plates and sides, and we have to admit these all sound rather nice:
- Sticky Sumac Chicken Wings
- Lamb Kofta Skewers with Pomegranate Molasses
- Rare Beef Salad with Charred Leeks, Yoghurt and Garlic Dressing
- Courgette Salad with Fresh Herbs and Saganaki Cheese
- Blackened Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Onion Rings
- Za’atar Fried Potatoes
The restaurant itself seats just over 50, and there will be a heated alfresco spot in front. As for drinks, expect cocktails with Middle Easter spices, and they'll also have their own Jan beer which it being put together by Bermondsey's Brew by Numbers.