14/9/17 Updated with soft launch details
What: Breddos Kingly Street
In a nutshell: Central London spot for Breddos
Summing it all up: Double the size and with a breakfast menu and downstairs bar the new Breddos W1 is going to make a lot of people happy
Key things you need to know about the new Breddos
Like most other right-minded Londoners we're total fans of Breddos, so news that they were opening a new central London restaurant has totally made our day. The new place will be in Kingly Street - Carnaby's food central which already has restaurants ranging from Pizza Pilgrims to Dishoom. Here's what you need to know...
1. It is BIGGER
The new W1 Breddos will be more than double the size of their Clerkenwell spot with room for 84 seats.
2. It's open for BREAKFAST
God love us, we'll all now be able to get our Breddos fix from first thing in the morning as this new place will have a special breakfast menu including... smoked brisket, potatoes fried, egg and hot sauce tacos; breakfast quesadillas,
- Smoked brisket, potatoes fried, egg and hot sauce tacos
- Breakfast quesadillas, cinammon churro French toast
- Confit pork memelas with black beans and scrambled eggs, with or without grasshoppers.
3. There's a downstairs BAR
We'll see you down at the Mezcal and Margarita bar in the basement which has a late licence for 7 days a week.
4. Say hello to tlayudas - aka MEXICAN PIZZAS
Using a special pizza oven the new place will serve up dishes like pea and broadbean tlayuda with chicken skin, black garlic, pecorino and preserved lemon.
5. New dishes for your MUST TRY list
New dishes at Kingly will include:
- Bone marrow nachos with dripping bread
- Artichoke mole with shishito peppers
- Elote tempura with queso fresco and habanero mayonnaise
- Lamb neck barbacoa with avocado leaf consommé
- Hand-cut fideo with palourde clams
- Wood grilled whole octopus with mole amarillo
- ½ Crispy pig’s head with burnt habanero and x-ni- pek
6. Sweet tooth meet ICE CREAM CHURRO SARNIES
The dessert menu sounds particularly on point
More about Breddos Taqueria
Where is it? 26 Kingly Street, Carnaby, London W1B 5QD
When does it open? 7 October 2017
Soft launch details: 50% off food on 7, 9 and 10 October, no bookings.