Updated 6/7/17 with full details
What: Bang Bang Oriental
In a nutshell: A huge new Asian food hall/restaurant/community space/shopping centre, with 33 kiosks and room for 450 diners.
Summing it all up: Up in Colindale, previously home to other giant Asian developments like the now-defunct Oriental City and Pacific Plaza, there’s a new contender on the scene - Bang Bang Oriental - and it’s bringing Pan-Asian food, shops and lots more to draw you up North.
Very exciting news for North London lovers of Asian food - Colindale is about to become home to a massive, slick new Asian food court by the name of Bang Bang Oriental. Located lear to Colindale tube, it’s a huge project designed that’ll echo the feel of a bustling Asian street food market, with seats for 450 diners, and 33 individual kiosks. The stands and restaurants will be dishing up food from loads of different countries - China, Korean, Japanese, Indian and Vietnamese will all get a look in, plus some underrepresented cuisines like Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan.
And There's a LOT to choose from. Here's the full list
- Sukaria - for Cantonese, Hakka and Malaysian street food dishes.
- Ramen Samurai Ryu - Hong Kong chain of Ramen noodles from Yamagishi Kazuo
- LongJi Hong Kong Restaurant - coming to the UK for the first time, Asian cuisine with a Western twist
- Four Seasons - also in Chinatown and Bayswater, Cantonese roast duck is the main draw
- WONDERFUL PATISSERIES - for oriental desserts and green tea ice cream served in a fish-shaped cone.
- Chatime - for bubble tea
- Janchi Korean Kitchen - with Janchi, Bimbimbap and Deopbap, on offer
- Tibb’s FRANKIE - Lebanese pitta bread with Indian fillings
- UMi - for sushi, maki sashimi and tempura
- Cafe La Viet - Vietnamese communal dining
- Uncle Chilli - Sichuan cooking
- Royal China One 68 DIM SUM - for, yes, dim sum
- Little Thai Silk - from Southwark, "authentic and healthy Thai cuisine"
- Bánh & Chè - Vietnamese Bahn Mi, spring rolls & more
- Taiwanese Street Food - think you can guess this one...
- Yaki Ya Grill Japan - traditional Yakitori grill
- Bamboo Hut - Chinese street food dishes
- Xi Home - Chinese dumplings
- ICHIBAN - yakitori, katsu curry and more
- Citropia Cafe - cream cheese desserts, fruit juice, smoothies and flavoured Earl Grey teas.
- The Pearl Lounge - a large bar area in the food hall
- Wonder Bake - global egg tarts
- Coconut Tree - traditional Malaysian dishes.
There’s a definitely Chinese tilt, with a Chinese massage parlour, herbal medicine shop, and nail and beauty boutiques from the country making an appearance on the mezzanine floor. You’ll even be able to learn the traditional Chinese Lion dance at one of the many community spaces, which will also be available to locals for free hire.
We have to admit, it sounds amazing and we're already planning a visit.
More about Bang Bang Oriental
Where is it? Bang Bang Oriental Foodhall, 399 Edgware Road, London NW9 0AS
When does it open? A grand opening from 1-3pm on 10 July 2017. There will be 20% off the food kiosks from 11 July - 24 July 2017.
Find out more: Visit Bang Bang Oriental’s website.