Launched somewhat under the radar yesterday, the next restaurant from Tarun Mahrotri and Arjun Waney (Roka, Zuma) has opened its doors at the spot formerly taken by Aurelia. This time they're launching a high-end(ish) Mexican restaurant, Peyote.
They've teamed up with Eduardo García from Máximo Bistro in Mexico City to create the menu together with head Chef Hili San (from Buddha Bar and Nobu Park Lane).
That menu includes:
- Tacos - including soft shell crab (£12) and Chicken tinga (£9)
- Ceviche - lobster (£12), sole and octopus (£10 each)
- Quesadillas - Cheese & caramelised onion (£6.50), Chicken/Porkal pastor (£8)
- Tostadas - Crab-avocado (£9,50), Cactus (£8)
- Plus mains including Chilean sea bass,cilantro & pineapple sauce (£24), Baby chicken, onion jalapeno salsa (£19)
Accompanying the food are 100 tequilas and mezcal at the bar, alongside cocktails like Gringo (Harradura Reposado, tequila, rye whisky, antica formula and plum bitters) and Negrita (Tapatio Reposita tequila, Aperol, sweet vermouth and Hellfire Bitters), And if that isn't enough drink for you, then you can make use of one of the 20 tequila lockers used for storing your own premium stash.
Peyote is open now at 13 Cork Street, Mayfair, London W1S 3NS. To book, email: reservations@peyoterestaurant